The United Way of Allendale and Barnwell Counties is accepting applications for funding for the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate awarding $50,000 in grants this year. Based on population data from the 2020 census, 70% of funding will be directed to projects in Barnwell and 30% of funding will be directed to projects in Allendale.
- Projects must clearly impact health, education, or financial stability.
- Impact must take place in Allendale or Barnwell Counties.
- Funded work must take place during the 2022 calendar year.
- Grantees must provide a report by January 31, 2023 demonstrating how funds were expended and what work took place as a result.
- All organizations must be registered in good status with the SC Secretary of State to solicit funds in SC.
- All organizations applying for funds must be a 501c3 nonprofit organization registered with the IRS. Organizations that received funding in 2021 are eligible to apply again this year regardless of 501c3 status.
- Funding can be used for multiple programs, but only one request for funding should be submitted by each organization.